In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The work of the IQAC is the first step towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives. Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation it can inculcate in all the constituents of the institution. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or a record-keeping exercise in the institution. It will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system/unit/organ of the institution.Objectives
To promote the academic and administrative performance of our College, through conscious, consistent and catalytic action. Establishment The college has established IQAC in the year 2017 following the accreditation of the college by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).Functions of IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters in various activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on quality aspects.
- Organization of discussions, workshops, seminars and promotion of quality circles.
- Recording and monitoring quality measures of the institution.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality - related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report and such other reports as may be decided from time to time.
- The IQAC derive major support from the already existing units and mechanisms that contribute to the functions listed above.