OPAC is the Online Public Access Catalogue or, in other words, the library catalogue. It is an online database of all of the resources held in the library. You can search OPAC to locate books in the library. It lists the number of the items, whether they are in the library or out on loan, and their call number. Opportunities for renewing the books and reserve the books are available through OPAC.
2) Book Lending, Renewal, & Reservation
As a student or staff member of DUAC Library you can borrow books for free from the libraries. Reader can use your student or staff card for this. Renewing and reserving can be done at the counter.
If the book you want to borrow is out on loan, you can reserve it. If there are multiple copies of the title, we advise you to reserve all copies that are out on loan, as we do not know which will be returned first.
3) Reference Service
Reference Section is located on the left side of College Library, where users are only allowed to read & refer the books or if require take the photocopy of the same. Reference sources like General and Subject Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Biographical Dictionaries, Atlases, and valuable books on different subjects are available for users.
The reference books and current volume of periodicals/Journals shall not be issued.
4) Internet & E-ResourcesCyber library is located at the First floor of the Library. 6 computers are installed for the use of Students and Faculty Members. Users can access the online subscribed resources of the library.
1. Users must carry their Library Membership card while using the Cyber Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
2. Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic activities.
3. Online chatting/dating, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters.
4. Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
5. Users should not use USB devices / pen drives for data transfer to avoid the entry of computer virus. Such file/data transfer can be done as e-mail attachments.
7. Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library
6. It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safety of the systems are concerned. Please bring to the notice of the Librarian any misuse of the systems.
7. Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing, apart from initiating action as per the rules by the College Authorities.
5) Reprographic and printing Service
The reprographic facilities are available in Central Library for the students and faculty members, at a very nominal rate.
|Single Side Rs.1/- Per Copy||-Double Side Rs. 2/- (A4)|
|Print Out||Rs. 2/- Per copy|
6) Current Awareness Service
The purpose of a current-awareness service is to inform the users about new acquisitions in their libraries. Darul Uloom Arabic College Library have used display boards and shelves to draw attention to recent additions.
7) User Education
The purpose of User Education is to provide better services to make sure that information sources, services and resources are well utilized for library users' benefits. Our Library is conducting user orientation programme every year to the fresher’s at the beginning of the academic year.